Quick question

BobTheBuilder

Daemon Poster
For my next rig to be built I was thinking of doing duel 6600 GTs with the SLI board..

But my question is do you need 2 monitors and how do you exactly set it up so only one card gives video..

:) Thanks

You don't need two monitors, that's for sure. You can probably plug the monitor into any of the DVI ports (because you have two video cards), but I would plug the monitor into the first one first (PCIex16 Slot 1).

When two video cards are in SLI, one of them does not output video while the other does. The one that doesn't output is used for pure processing power while the other is used for more processing and output. This is why it's so much more powerful - pretty much double the processing power. Anyway, you'll only need one monitor to connect to the output card.

How would you know which one doesn't output the video? It's pretty much a trial by error thing where you plug the monitor into one, and if that doesn't work you'll know it's the other video card that gets the video?

what about 10

So if i put 4 7800 gt's do you think i'll have enough processing power to play Doom3 on the 150' imax screen at the movie theater?

Re: what about 10

playaj200008 said:
So if i put 4 7800 gt's do you think i'll have enough processing power to play Doom3 on the 150' imax screen at the movie theater?

Probably not, but who knows. Try it out. :p

Imax uses multiple film projectors to show three-dimensional images. I'm not sure if a computer can integrate with it.

Re: what about 10

playaj200008 said:

Doom 3 on an imax screen... that would be awesome

Back
Top Bottom