Quick question about sound cards

ed0079

Solid State Member
Hey,

I have had a problem with my sound on my computer. I have lost my volume control on the taskbar and have no sound on any of my internet browsers. I have tried hundreds of step-by-step advice on the internet and none has helped.

Please may someone try to explain the problem and how i can fix it, because it is really annoying not been able to listen to music/ watch videos on the internet.

Thanks in advance...

Hey,

I have had a problem with my sound on my computer. I have lost my volume control on the taskbar and have no sound on any of my internet browsers. I have tried hundreds of step-by-step advice on the internet and none has helped.

Please may someone try to explain the problem and how i can fix it, because it is really annoying not been able to listen to music/ watch videos on the internet.

Thanks in advance...

Do you have an actual sound card, or using onboard audio on your motherboard?

i am not sure how would i find this out??

Not sure, open your computer and look for a sound card?

Most people don't have sound cards unless you need high-quality audio for whatever reason.

You mentioned losing your volume control in the taskbar tray, can you still access the volume control through the Control Panel?

yes i am able to do that it just doesn't appear in the taskbar, even when i select appear in taskbar in the control pannel

yes i am able to do that it just doesn't appear in the taskbar, even when i select appear in taskbar in the control pannel

Not sure what could be causing that problem.

So in the control panel volume control, nothing is muted?

What OS are you using? And can you get sound out of any programs?

Is the problem limited to iexplorer, or everything?

nope nothing is muted.

I am using Windows XP

I can get sound out of all programs expect internet browsers

nope nothing is muted.

I am using Windows XP

I can get sound out of all programs expect internet browsers

Ah ignore my comment about volume mixers then, they didn't add that until Vista.

Did you try reinstalling your sound drivers?

You should be able to download the driver from your computer manufacturers website. (hp.com, dell.com, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom