Quick question about RAM

posiview

Baseband Member
How mch free RAM should I have?

I currently have 222 of 510 RAM free - should I increase this ammount?

depends what u do with ur comp, if u play some demmanding some games or use apps like photoshop then increasing it to 1gb would be a good idea, also if u are using intergrated video it would help free up some ram if u got a video card and put it in

use msconfig, and kill some of the startup processes, im sure thats part of the problem

he didnt say there was a problem he just asked if getting more ram would help at all, if u have the money and your motherboard supports it some dual channel low latency ram would be a good idea, u would see an improvement, what motherboard do u have and what cpu are u using?

gaming_freak said:
he didnt say there was a problem he just asked if getting more ram would help at all, if u have the money and your motherboard supports it some dual channel low latency ram would be a good idea, u would see an improvement, what motherboard do u have and what cpu are u using?

I'm a bit of a novice so

1) how do I know if my motherboard supports some dual channel low latency ram?
2) how do I find out what motherboard I have?
3) how do I find out what CPU I am using?

Thanks

Download this program called CPU-Z. It's a simple program that breaks down what motherboard you have, ram, and other computer specs. Run it, and take a few screen shots by pressing print screen on your keyboard. Then use www.imageshack.us, to host the pics and show it to us.

Heres the website for CPU-Z
http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Back
Top Bottom