Quick Help Please! Computer Posts With 3gb Of Ram In But Not 4gb!

nope got that baby set at T2..though i think in my bios it just calls it "2 clocks"..but yes it is the CMD timing..so i guess a no go on that

any idea if i would need to push more voltage to the ram..i have no clue where or how but just an idea and thought....i do have a 500w psu though, so i dont think the psu could be to blame, tho it could be ram voltage...

btw..if it ever doesn't post at all when i go back to my 2 gb or 3 gb that work solid, i just pull the cmos battery out and that will reset the bios right?

Correct. Unplug the computer from the wall outlet or power strip, then pull the battery or clear the CMOS using a jumper.

jumper eh?..no clue how to do that...is it by the battery..like the kind of jumper that you'd find on a hdd or dvd drive?

Yup, it's usually located near the battery. It's normally labeled as CMOS. The manual will show where it's at. But pulling the battery for a few minutes works well enough. :D

second stick in memtest came up fine...should i manually set the ram voltage?...right now it is set at auto...my ram is all the same..all four sticks, the 2 old and the 2 new...they are rated at 2.2v..the bios says 2.17 though, i'm guessing this is correct since the next option is 2.25v...

should i manually set it in bios then, just incase auto isn't doing it...should i set it to 2.17v??

What are the voltage options? Try to set it as close as you can, maybe a tiny bit higher.

The BIOS will determine whether it should run in dual channel depending on the amount of memory installed. I don't think there is anything to set.

Back
Top Bottom