Quick Heatsink installation question.

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
I'm working on my new build right now, and have a quick question about the heatsink installation.

Im installing Prolimatech Mega Shadow Deluxe, should almost be identical to the Prolimatech Megahalems. How tight do i screw in the final two long bolts? (the standard large two screws that most heatsinks use) Until it doesn't go any further? Reason im asking coz it seems like it's really putting a lot of pressure.

You can see the screw im talking about on the 5th pic, it's the one in the middle.

(Im using p6t v2 deluxe MOBO)

http://www.prolimatech.com/products/megahalems.html

Thanks

Keep going until a moderate amount of pressure doesn't do anything. There is a lot of pressure on the motherboard and CPU when installing these newer heatsinks with a backplate.

I don't know what this cooler is like, but most of the time, cooler mounting kits are designed in such a way that firm even pressure is applied when the screws are locked.

I added washers to my TRUE to get it to apply more pressure.

Thanks guys, i will screw it down until it doesn't go any further applying normal amount of pressure.

This cable management process is the most complicated one in a pc build IMO. Is it save to put a 6 pin MOBO power connector under the motherboard itself? Im talking about the connector that is on the top left side of the MOBO.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom