Quick Hard Drive Question Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yokaze

Beta member
Ok, my additional 160 gig hardrive has recently become seriously screwed up. To the point where even partition magic 8.0 won't even help it. I can reformat however, using software that came with it. My question is, can a formatted hardrives data be restored using the proper program. And if so, what would be a good one to use. Thanks

~Scott

this is not a quick question. try easy recovery professional software to get back your data. you may still end up losing a lot of your data.

lots of data??

So what your saying, it does not matter what I use, I stand to lose some data. Most the stuff on that hardrive were PC games (compressed in RARs) and some AVI files. Thanks

~Scott

Everytime that I've used software like the software that ek mentioned, it's usually because of damage to the actual drive. I have never been able to recover 100%, but it's usually around 80%-90% of the data.

-Mike

I can live with 80 to 90 percent data recover

Although I had always thought that a reformat completely wiped all data off. Then I noticed all this programs that promised data recovery from a reformat. So, I thought I would check with some of the more advanced users at this forum. Thanks to everyone who responded, and to those who respond after this post. I will probably reformat my hard drive in about 10 hours or so. But I will still be checking this post, the more advice the better.

I am going to use R-Studio software, it sounds good.

- Deleted without Recycle Bin, or when Recycle Bin has been emptied;

- Removed by virus attack or power failure;

- After the partition with the files was reformatted, even for different file system;

- When the partition structure on a hard disk was changed or damaged. In this case, R-Studio utilities can scan the hard disk trying to find previously existed partitions and recover files from found partitions.

-From hard disk with bad sectors. R-Studio Data Recovery Software can first copy the entire disk or its part into an image file and then process such image file. This is especially useful when new bad sectors are constantly appearing on the hard disk, and remaining information must be immediately saved.

Thanks again

~Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom