Quick easy answerable problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
How do I correctly reformat my slave drive? I right clicked the icon in my computer and pressed format and that led me through a ton of trouble, but in the end it never formated it. So how do I correctly do it?

Right click the My Computer icon. Click Manage (4th down). Click Disk Management. Select and right click the HDD you want to format and click Format.

NathanM said:
Right click the My Computer icon. Click Manage (4th down). Click Disk Management. Select and right click the HDD you want to format and click Format.

Thanks a ton, just because I'm curious can you tell me how I can boot from my slave drive because I want to make sure I have gotten everything i need.

Wait. Why do you want to boot from your slave drive? You'll need to have Windows XP installed on it. I think you'll also have to set your slave as master to do that. I'm not following why you need to boot from the slave drive.

like nathan said, yes you will need to install an OS to boot from it, however u dont need to set it as slave, read up on the boot.ini file and you'll have to add a line in there to boot from the slave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom