Questions

andra06

Beta member
This is my first post in "Computer Forums". I'm a newbie as far as computers. I'm starting with basics and came across two questions (dumb ones to most of you I guess): How do you use the "print Screen key"? Googled it' but all they want is sell a 3rd party program, is there a way to use it by itself?
Second: How to make a small thumbnail? I got Photoshop elements 2; and of course the usual M$ Paint...Thanks in advance. :confused:

Well, first of all welcome to CF. The print screen key can be used to take a screenshot. press that then open paint or any photo editer, and CTRL+V or paste. or use ALT+PrtScrn to take a screenshot of whatever window is in focus

uid=[0] thanks for responding and worked out the screen shot. By the way I'm very senior (in age) but very young as far as computer goes, amd I like to think in mind too. You wouldnt per chance have a solution for my second question? Tks in advance.

In relation to this, I also have a question.

When I take a screenshot using Print Screen keyboard button, I have objectdock and the custom clock thing, and when I take screenshots the objectdock bar does not appear in the screenshots, what could be causing this? Running XP SP2..

I asked in this topic because it is totally related to the thread.

Is that because I have HP Print Screen installed? (Came with my printer)??/

No wait, I disabled it and it still does not work...

Edit: I uninstalled that program and it works now... :D

That could be a possibility. I would suggest making sure the process isnt running in the background, and checking with some of the other members who use that software and see if they have experienced this as well.

Back
Top Bottom