Questions on how to protect my online multiplayer video game company from cheaters

ChicagoDan

Beta member
My partner and I are seriously considering starting an online muilitplayer racing game company. Right now we are intensely investigating all the methods and ways to protect our games from cheaters. So far, we have focused upon achieving security through anti-cheater software, antibot software, dedicated, authoritative servers, and of course, the security of the game itself. QUESTION: Still, there seems to be an area where cheaters can destroy the integrity of a game. That is, several players team up to curb, slow, hit, or block other players, thus paving the way for a lead cheater player to move into first place in a game. Are there any ideas or technologies to prevent people from teaming up to cheat and destroy the gaming experience for all the other players? If we can not offer a fun, honest game experience for all the players, we will reconsider our mission. What is the best anticheating software for a racing game?

Is there no software that can detect players purposely blocking or breaking in front of another player, or purposely smashing into a player near or at the head of the pack? It probably would slow down the process of proceeding to the next game if every game results have to be manually reviewed, also expensive.

In racing games that could be considered normal. If this is a custom made game stuff like that kind of monitoring would need to be programmed into the game itself for detection.

One more question: I would like feedback on which anti-cheat software is better, Valve from Steam, Easy AntiCheat, or BattaleEye? Anyone have a good opinion? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom