Questions about C/C++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phate

In Runtime
anyone know of anywhere i could find like a "course" in those languages?

i am interested in learning them, but the books are just too confusing for me, i would prefer something like video or a program type thing, that walks you through it. also, it would be good, because i could bring my laptop with me and have a editor/compiler and the whole course in one :D

any ideas?

-Phate

i am interested in learning them, but the books are just too confusing for me
Some books do not explain concepts very well, and others do. What books have you looked at?

i got for C and C++ a Sams type thing, for C++ the "learn it in 24 hours" thing, and C the "learn it in 21 days" because these seemed the most newbie friendly while still retaining most of the good stuff :D

-Phate

Grab a copy of "The C Programming Language", Second Edition
by Brian W. Kernighan and Dennis M. Ritchie.

It is one of the clearest introduction, also one of the shortest.. You won't learn much in 24 hours or even 21 days, but you'll learn it in a couple of months...

wait, so you say "The C Programming Language" (which i think ive heard of) doesnt teach you much? you say its short.

im not worried about how long it takes to learn, just need something clear and straightforward :D

-Phate

Hello. Im also learning C. Just started. Infact not long ago.
The C programming language is good but once you got into functions....things will get more complicated. You could try How to program C, fourth edition by Deitel.
I understand from it. Good Luck

I am not sure where you are in Chicago, but the College of DuPage main campus in Glen Ellyn offers various programming classes... If you are within District 502, you can attend classes for $96 per credit hour, which doesn't sound cheap, but compared to other schools in the region, it is a good price.

I know you are 16, but you can still sign up for summer classes, but they might have started already..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom