question

ringtemek

Daemon Poster
I used a partition manager and it shows 2 partition but when I start the computer 1 is visible

How would I get them both to be visible

You may need to initialize and format the partition. You can do that in Disk Management.

XP: Click Start > Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > Administrative Tools. Click Computer Management and then click Disk Management in the left hand column.

Vista: Click the Start Button and right click on Computer and select Manage. Then click Disk Management in the left hand column.

It should show your drive with both partitions. You should then be able to right click the unused partition to initialize and format it.

Unless you want to format the one drive, there should be no reason to make it visible. The only way you would be able to format it if it is not letting you through the OS would be to boot to your OS install disc, and format from there. But then to make it one partition, you may have to format the active partition as well, which would be the same as reloading your operating system.

Otherwise you can try going into the cmd prompt and forcing a format through there. Post back with WHAT you want to do to that partition, and we'll be able to help you more.

Back
Top Bottom