question on the dual core

Lol... this is turning into a nice amd v.s. intel debate, which I've seen so many times that I'm laughing right now, seriously. Search anywhere online. Any honest, non-sponsered benchmark will show that amd is the best in gamin and pretty much a lot of other things, except for video encoding, etc. Only when amd goes dual dual core opteron's will amd spank anything...

Ok you find me an Intel processor that is equal to the AMD X2 4800+......There really aren't many around...thats not what i mean..i do believe in benchmarks i was just stating that many off these benchmarks are not totally on for most of the things....becasue they never use the exact same setup as most people have at home...I also know that Intel even though has been the so called "leader" in multi tasking has now been removed from that spot with the AMD X2 line on dual cores.......ok lets see
AMD runs cooler
Runs faster
More reliable(doubt it was because of the cpu that the problem started that you had to return it)
Better Technologies

I'm not gonna argue any more cause you are obviosly a Intel Freak that can't admit your precious company is being overtaken by a better company.

Aye jac lol AMD vs Intel debates are getting old lol. That is why I aint gonna contuine with it.

But you forgot about Dual dual core Xeons > dual dual core opteron :p Sorry just had to toss that in:p Was a joke no one start a flame about it... lol

sorry....i just have never had good success with intels....i guess its all just a personal opinion...no matter what benchmarks say....well that was fun.....have to cut this one short before the admins get in on it...well

I say, Just buy what you want to buy. You don't have to bitch about which one is better because of this and that. Buy what you think will be best for you.
Now stop this AMD vs Intel shit.

Chris

lmao, I really find it funny how some people back Intel. If you haven't been keeping up with the world news, fossil fuels are running out quite quickly, which is why UK is about to set-up a load of nuclear power stations, to help keep energy supply up to demand.

Wasting it with some shitty Intel CPU's isn't gonna help, is it?

IMO, you probably won't notice much difference if you don't play games. But just look at the power consumption and the prices; AMD own Intel.

Now, I'm not an AMD fan-boy; I'm quite impressed with Intel's move to more energy-efficient CPU's, and I look forward to seeing them.

And actually, my favourite CPU is now VIA...although sadly, I can't seem to find any traces of their VIA C7's, which look real good.

"Athlon 64 X2 4800+: The Fastest Dual Core Among the Existing x86 Processors"

Uhhhh, I don't see how Intel is dominating AMD in benchmarks:

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20050603/stresstest-28.html

Check out how many reboots Intel machine had to go through compared to AMD, lol. AMD duffered horribly in the DivX test, but everything else show's AMD's dominance.

Ok, here's some more results of CPU benchmarks. You can clearly see that the AMD X2 is out on top, as usual. This site is loaded with benchmark graphs. Click on the links to see even more benchmarks:

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/cpu/amd-athlon-64-x2-4800.html

That article is pretty good too if you bother to take the time to read it. The Far Cry test + background test pose interesting. The X2 hung around with the P4, but the Extreme Edition with HT showed higher numbers. This is totally overshadowed by AMD's dominance in major applications though.

I would have to say that the Opteron 170, 175, 180 are the fastest dual core processors around. It is basically 2 3.0Ghz+ processors.

Nah, I'm not too sure, they're meant for servers and workstations, and even if they were faster, I'm not sure you'd benefit from having one really.

I kind of had the same thought too regarding those Opterons. I'm sure they're good for their intended use. THe article I linked was saying that the 4800+ X2 is the fastest on the market, which boosts my confidence in AMD being better than Intel.

Back
Top Bottom