Question; Help with importing analog video

heidimarieof73

Beta member
Using Dazzle (DVR Recorder HD) I'm trying to transfer old home videos from 8mm tapes on my Sony camcorder to my laptop. After connecting the camcorder/dazzle/laptop with the appropriate cables I attempt to begin importing/capturing my videos, As I play the videos from the camcorder, the video preview streams on my laptop perfectly, however when I click to "start capture" to begin importing/saving the video, the playback speed begins to "skip" on the preview screen. It appears as if the stream speed is frame by frame, rather than the fluid video playback speed. I checked the quality of the saved clip, wondering if the "frame by frame issue" was just how it appeared as it was being captured/transferred. The saved file quality is better, it doesn't skip "frame by frame" as it did being captured, but the playback quality still has "skipping" elements. It doesn't playback as fluid as it should. Any suggestions on what is causing this?

Thank you!!!

Heidi

Last edited:
What's your computer hardware?

Your CPU most likely isn't powerful enough to transcode on-the-fly like that, which is giving you the skipping in the saved video.

Back
Top Bottom