Question about windows XP install disk.

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
My dad just bought a computer from MDG. it came with a MDG XP SP2 disk. we used that disk to install XP on this computer. I've started to buy parts for my custom PC. Now my question is, can i just use the same XP disk, or do i have to buy a new one?

It probably only works with MDG computers, my brothers laptop came with a Windows XP professional gateway disc and it only works on gateway computers.

technoman said:
not sure it might only be a boot disk and a recovery disk

It's a full install disk

Computergen said:
It probably only works with MDG computers, my brothers laptop came with a Windows XP professional gateway disc and it only works on gateway computers.

Theres not anything to really make it an MDG computer. None of the parts are built by MDG.

Well you can only probably use that install disc on the computer, in otherwords you wont need another disk just backup everything and re-install from that disk if you have to - thats becasue its a recovery disk, although you might just have to re-activate.

dishdog said:
Theres not anything to really make it an MDG computer. None of the parts are built by MDG.

It doesn't really matter it is just the fact that all of your Computer Parts generate one huge PC code and there has got to be a way for that system to detect that it is a MDG computer.

If not then you could buy a MDG computer (I have never heard of MDG so I am assuming they are cheap) and you would have a legitimate copy of windows and could use it on any computer, that would be stupid of Microsoft.

Bill Gates is only worth 90 Million Dollars he needs every last cent he can get from customers so he wouldn't do something like that.

no the same activation key will not work, you will need to get XP cracked on your computer.

You get the activation key from why hardware you dad has on his computer so if you are building a computer with the same hardware then it might work.

Back
Top Bottom