Question about thumping a computer tower.

I am thinking the power supply might be bad here. It's not uncommon for it to have one bad line so fans and such still spin but nothing ever happens.

So basically it could be the power supply, the motherboard, the ram, the video card, the monitor, the processor....but something is definately broke on it.....:rofl: Ok so you did check most of that but re-reading through this thread it seems like pretty much everything has been thrown out as possibly causing the issue.

But really, I'm leaning towards Mobo or Power Supply.

Dngrsone. The motherboard does have integrated graphics, but wouldn't something at least show up on the monitor with the DVI port plugged into the back? or is that DVI port only connected to the Video Card? Also, The power supply seems like its working, although you can never tell. But my only assumption is that its the MotherBoard.

So now it turns on with no signal?

I'm trying to think what it is, if it's turning on now but no signal try setting the system to default so it hopefully picks up your graphics card..

Try taking the CMOS battery out for this.. the little battery in the motherboard, take it out for 5-10seconds and put back in.

Back
Top Bottom