Question about RAID

castertroy

Solid State Member
Hey again all, I posted here about a week ago wondering what computer parts everyone recomended. Well, I just got all the pieces and put em together, thing is running like a champ. :) Now, I need to know some information about RAID. At the startup, the comp keeps asking for me to configure raid settings, but I really have no idea what is going on here. I am using the Neo4 platinum mobo and a seagate 120gb harddrive. Any information here would be helpful. :)

I have the same prompt at startup. It says my nvidia RAID is healthy and press F10 or something like that to configure. It passes by if you don't do anything.

You don't have to. I'm using a single drive now. When I get money and some time, I'll RAID it (for me, I hear it makes data access faster so that's what I want to do in the future). Most people perform RAID for synchronous backups. The menu just allows you to setup RAID if or whenever you want to. It's part of the motherboard feature and nvidia integrated their software with it's hardware capability.

Wait, I have the same motherboard as he does, and only have one HD. So I don't need to install RAID (I didn't buy a floppy drive and the drivers are on a floppy)?

Back
Top Bottom