Question about internet security....

whatina'ell

Solid State Member
I was thinking of getting some internet security software that would block my IP from being broadcasted as a way to keep my computer running well. I have a home network that is behing a wireless router. Would IP blocking software be pointless since the wireless router already hides the computers that are behind it? I have run some IP checks on websites that offer that check but they all indicate that I am using an IP address that I do not recognize. The IP address was a valid IP address used by my ISP and showed my actual location as well, but did not look like the IP address that is shown in my internet connection properties. Would IP blocking software try to do the job that my router is already doing or is this a good investment of money?

Thanks for any help!

I have two computers connected the network on a regular basis. There is also a third computer that is rarely used but is configured to access the home network. Did you mean that yes it would be a good investment or yes it would be trying to do the same job as the router?

Back
Top Bottom