Question about Image quality

BikerEcho

Fully Optimized
Hey there fellow Geeks.
I was wondering what would look best. An 1680x1050 image on a 22inch 1680x1050 display or the same image on 22inch 1920x1080 display?
The 1680x1050 display will show the image in native resolution and the HD display will have to upscale it, but it has a better pixel density.
Do you think it would look the same or one better then the other?

On a 22 inch display, it wouldn't be that noticeable to the untrained eye.

For most people, the difference between 1080p and 720p isn't noticeable on anything less than a 40 inch screen.

On a 22 inch display, it wouldn't be that noticeable to the untrained eye.

For most people, the difference between 1080p and 720p isn't noticeable on anything less than a 40 inch screen.

Yeah i thought that as well. the image should look very much alike. true enough that the HD monitor has a better pixel density, but if it can use it properly then i guess the difference should be very minor.

i suppose you are talking about TV's. if so then i'll agree that it's not easy to see the difference between 1080p and 720p. side by side you will properly see difference but not by much.
24 inch right front of your face (computer monitor) however is a little different. i can see that a game looks more blurry then it should if it's running at 720p. also text and edges takes an impact in quality.

Back
Top Bottom