question about html-coding

Santuzzo

Daemon Poster
Hi,

I want to improve my website/administration thereof, and in order to make it easier to apply changes to it I was wondering how to do the following:

If every page of a website has the same menu-/navigation-bar on top and the same bottom (like copyright info, etc.), is there a way this common 'frame' can be just coded once and then every page of the website be referred to it?
So, that if I want to change the top-menu (like add another item to it for example) I only have to do that once as opposed to for every single page of the website?
How would I do this?
Is that what 'frames' in html coding are?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Lars

You'll want to look into using templates and such.

Don't use iframes, they're old and are ugly.

You'll want to look into using templates and such.

Don't use iframes, they're old and are ugly.

Thank you!

I tried looking into php.
I read through several tutorials on how to include php inside html and vice versa, and I tried all their examples, but it does not work.
The server where my site is hosted does support PHP, though, I ran a simnple test, and that worked.
But for some reason I can't get a header.php or menu.oho file to show when I include it in an html file....
Just spent 2-3 hours on this, but no results...

EDIT: I found out, if I change my page extension from .html to .php it works, but I would like to keep the html extension.....

Last edited:
EDIT: I found out, if I change my page extension from .html to .php it works, but I would like to keep the html extension.....

You can't do that. PHP is a server-side language. The PHP code gets executed on the server, and the user only sees the client side stuff (HTML, JavaScript, CSS, etc.).

If you want to use advanced web languages like PHP, ASP.NET, etc., you'll have to use the server side features and the page extension will have to match the language you're using.

Back
Top Bottom