Question About Hardware Value.

I have to agree with jarlmaster why not just keep the computer it is great for an upgrade. The only reason I can think of is that you spent way more than you intended and now need money for the computer. Well I will say this for it if I had the money to do it I might buy it myself as it is really nice the way you built it. I don't however believe you will get what you put into it though.

The economy being the main reason that you can't get that much. I wouldn't take anything less than at least half and probably more of what you put into the computer.

I finished this build in January 2014.

I have actually decided not to sell it unless I get a fair offer for it.
I do not need the money and I really did build this with a lot of love and care.
The wiring took me a week to finish because I wanted to get it perfect.

The reason I wanted to sell it was because I wanted to start a new build and maybe have enough left over for some more toys. :)

IT does not matter what someone who does not want a computer like that thinks it is worth. Obviously it is only worth what someone is prepared to pay you which might only be 40% of what it has cost you. Put it up for sale and see what you can get is the only way to assess its 2nd hand value. There will be a very limited market for that kind of machine I would guess.

If you do not need to cash and you are happy with it you should keep it. Selling will just lose you a lot of cash which seems financially imprudent to me.

Back
Top Bottom