Question about CPU

nope...i spoke to a tech guy yesterday (it's gone to be looked at today lol) he said it's the change from single to dual core is to much..i should of reinstalled.(he thinks)

Let me get this straight?

you booted first without the keyboard and it all went fine. but since you couldn't do much you restarted...

now it gets as far as loading windows (goes through the loading screen with the windows flag and scrolling bar) and then gives an error message about a signal (and the monitor is otherwise blank)...

it doesn't sound like a CPU problem, (since you'd expect it to fail at the BIOS stage, and it doesn't sound like a windows problem since you'd expect it to stall during the screen where there is the flag and the scrolling bar... it sounds more like a problem with the resolution set, and the resolution that your monitor can handle.

the fact that windows is starting (to me at least) says that it is happy with the hardware changes that you've made. (even though they were extreme and I'd normally expect that you'd have to re-install windows.

try restarting the PC and hitting the F8 key as it is booting up, this will give you a list of options as to what mode to boot into, try booting into safe mode, and reducing the resolution/refresh rate, and then restarting the computer again and booting normally, hopefully this should fix it...

Well first time i booted up it went into Windows User5 select screen, but i needed to reboot and then it wouldnt get into the screen where the bar goes acrros with windows flag. Just before there it goes blank and says no signal recieved. i tried safe mode. does the same thing. In BIOS recognise the CPU correct, everythings right. Sounds like a windows problem to me, what you think.

hmm... it definitly doesn't sound like a hardware problem...

I guess that you have nothing to loose by re-installing windows (except your afternoon).
(you neededn't loose your data even because you can install on the same drive without formatting into a second windows folder).

Back
Top Bottom