Question about blocked sites at work

SampsonSimpsonZ

Solid State Member
I work (2) 16.5hr shifts that extend into the early morning. The software there using is iPrism? Youtube used to work then they eventually blocked it. Same with Hulu. Netflix worked for the longest time, which is awesome come about 2AM and still have 4.5hrs to go. Well now thats blocked as well. Only thing they havent blocked, that I know of, is letmewatchthisdotcom. Is there any other streaming sites that have a decent collection of shows/movies? How safe are proxies? Thanks

My mother works for the council, they also block social networking sites, peer to peer ect ect ect... Using proxy sites (unless there blocked too) are your best bet, you can get a list of them in Google, just type in circumventor or proxies, your work PC will connect to that server and then use the browser to navigate to YouTube or another website, similar to a Remote Tool. However I don't think the server can access your drives, so any work based content skphould be secure.

About the proxies. We are monitored by IT people. So can they detect when a proxies being used? Then they would easily be able to trace to what computer it is, which would leave me screwed lol. Is that correct or am I missing something?

They would be able to see you are on a website name certainly so a proxy such as ferntree.com (e.g.) they would be able to see you are on that site, whether they know it as a proxy or not, is unknown. Dependent on there system sophistication they may or may not be able to trace it back to you. Also, try tvcatchup.com, that's a good site for streaming .

Maybe I'm a bit naive, but have you tried doing actual work to pass the time since you're already at... work?

Back
Top Bottom