question about advertising

maroj2481

In Runtime
i am thinking of getting 2 magnetic signs for my car to advertise my business. but my dad was saying that people can sue me, if while their looking at the sign and they get in an accident. is he right or wrong?

i am think of getting 2 magnetic signs for my car to advertise my business. but my dad was saying that people can sue me, if while their looking at the sign and they get in an accident. is he right or wrong?

I really don't see how... It's their fault they were not paying enough attention to the road. At any rate, they would need to prove that it was your sign that caused the accident.

I have heard though of people purposelessly hitting vehicles with Company logos on them to try to sue and get big money.

if the sign is very bright and distracting maybe big maybe
so just make it a simple black/white sign

well, people can sue for anything...there are no restrictions..the question then becomes will they win in a judgement against you, and if so, how much could they get? depends on the judge or jury.

I'd do it. people don't get sued over crazy good paint jobs, and this is smaller. as long it doesn't obstruct any one's view you are fine. (on windows, hanging off the side of your car.)

I actually saw a really cool van with advertising like that. It had "Steal Me" with an arrow pointing to a magnet.

ya, people havent sued the geek squad for accidents (not that im aware of, they havent been public if they have been sued) and they have a big orange oval on their bugs

i'd just check with the local law enforcement or something, and see if there is anything you can do ahead of time to protect yourself against this or see if its even possible

im thinking about doing the same for my business on my jeep when im going to somebodies house to fix a pc, what kind of business do you have?

Back
Top Bottom