qUERYS about H-l2 can my pc run it

RAFDOG

In Runtime
I was wondering if i should pre-order Half Life 2 but i wasnt sure if my computer could run it well here are the specs

Pent 4 3.06Ghz, 120Gighrd drive, Geforce Fx 5200 128mb, 512 ram, Win XP,

here are the 'driver' files im using now for the Graphics card etc.
Direct X 9.0c, the latest Geforce Fx driver from Nvidia.com 6.1.7.7

My computer can run Doom3 on high and Far cry on Medium and Max Payne 2 on high and The sims 2 on high but i need to turn Shadows off for it to run really nicely. My card isnt very good with shadows and 'fog' effects. would my Pc be able to run it , Just ask if need more info

Soz if i havnt replied to any threads i havnt been able to use the pc much for nearly a month.

download a demo or sommat.....Or just download the full version, if it works, delete it and buy the game......or just download it and scrap paying for iut :p

yeah i thought so
what to do u rekon i should get. i probably wont afford it because my cash roll is high but only for my age off poket money (im 14)

i've only got a 56.6K connection (yeah i know) im probably getting broadband soon but im not really one to download games. down here it hasnt come out yet so i cant hire it.

Most important this is the CPU. Source/HL2 will run fine on anything over a geforce 4.

I have run Source on my Geforce 4 with good quality and 80 fps, while I waited for my 6800 to get back. 6800 runs it great with settings at 4xAA and 4xAF. My new X800pro runs it great with 6xAA and 8xAF.

So I recommend either a 6800 gt or a X800 pro.

Now the question is will it run EQ2? My X800pro can barely run this game. The engine is crazy.

Back
Top Bottom