Queastion about Intergrated Audio and 5.1 surround

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeJ615

Baseband Member
Question about Intergrated Audio and 5.1 surround

i recently put together my first REAL PC, it's a budget gaming system i guess if you have to label it but i use it for games movies and my main music player, so now that i have a decent system im playing far cry and half life 2 and some other games and thinking about upgrading my sound system, i have a 3 year old logitech 2.1 speaker setup that cost me $30 new 3 years ago but im looking at buying this set of 5.1 speakers http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836121126 and im wondering if it would be a waste with integrated audio? i have a Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M mobo and i looked it up on google and it claims that the integrated audio supports 6 channel audio (im assuming that's 5.1?) + jack sensing whatever that means lol ... but my main question is will my sound be dramatically improved from 3 year old 2.1 speakers to new 5.1 speakers even with integrated audio?

Gigabyte K-8VM800M mobo
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 754 pin
1 Gig (2x512) DDR400 PC3200 RAM
120GB WD 7200RPM 8MB cache
Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro 256M
Integrated Audio :confused:

they will work on your sound card. you have to enable 5.1 sound in control panel. and keep in mind a lot of games don't support 5.1 speakers, so if the rear ones aren't working in some games, you know why.

ya but most modern 3d games do support 5.1 I know half life 2 does and im assuming far cry does.

Yes you will notice some better quality sound even with integrated audio. However, you can purchase a Soundblaster Live! 5.1 card for around $30 or even better an Audigy 2 Value (supports up to 7.1) for $50. Both can be found on Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom