Quad-Cores?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
when will quad cores be in more of video games?
i know nobody knows for sure, but what are your estimates? maybe like sometime next year, in 6 months? etc.
Quad cores doesnt have much impact on gaming, but my friend has a build
ASUS Mobo 780 Chipset (forgot the name)
Phenom 9850
Visiontek 3850
2 x 1gb XMS2 Dominator 1066mhz
and he said that he can run Crysis on the highest settings without AA and got about 20-30 FPS.
i only get about 13-17 FPS.
I am thinking of getting a new CPU, but not sure to go with a Phenom 9600 or the X2 5400+.

What resolution?

It's possible they may be used in Far Cry 2 better, but no promises. Anything before that, definitely not as far as I know.

The 9600 is almost twice the price of the 5400+...the 6000+, at just over $100, would run a lot better than your current CPU. I don't think it would be worth upgrading to a 5400+.

So to simply answer your question, get the Phenom 9600. But if you can get the 6000+, get that, it'll be better than both for gaming.

we both play at 1680 x 1050.
i dont want to get the 6000+ if like phenom started to be in games in like 2-3 months, but if its like 6+ months, then i wouldnt mind.

and he said that he can run Crysis on the highest settings without AA and got about 20-30 FPS.
i only get about 13-17 FPS.
- What OS is he running?
- You have an 8800GT, what card did you have previously? Was it an ATi card, if yes, did you uninstall it's drivers or reinstall Windows?

Phenom is faster clock for clock at A64, but I'm not sure if it would be worth that kind of a jump in performance. Especially as you have a better GPU than your friend.

Games at the moment for the most part, at least at the resolution you play, are GPU limited. If you can increase the clock speed of your CPU, you should see some small improvements, but the biggest improvements would come from a better graphics card.

i think he was running Vista X64, and i am running Vista X86.
I reformatted my computer (reinstalled windows) when i got a new graphics card so i didnt have to do any uninstalling of the old drivers.

The 8800GT is way faster than the 3850. Assuming he's not stretching the truth and both of your PCs are running optimally, it must be your CPU.

Going to the Phenom 9600 will probably net you very little performance increase, if any, in Crysis.

My suggestion would be to get the 5400+ Black Edition (for $2.99 more) and overclock it, you'll be in pretty good shape. You can probably get it to at least around 3.2 GHz, which is like the speed of the 6400+.

maybe he OC his computer when he play crysis. He does have better HSF for his CPU than me, mines runs about 54c when i play crysis for like 30 min. So it might slow down a little, but not very much i dont think.
Well, i guess i'll have to go over to his house and check his settings, when he told me, he had a really bad headache, so he might not be thinking straight.

Back
Top Bottom