Quad Core????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooooh... nice. :D

Looks like this could be an interesting ballgame.

But I'm still pulling for AMD. 'Cause, if you think about it, AMD (an upstart) had caused Intel to batten down the hatches and THINK, thereby giving them reason to throw their resources into a new architecture instead of trying to pump up the heater called P4.

Yes, AMD is eating some dust right now... but I can't wait for their step up to the plate.

I see two problems that are going to arise with all of the advances in hardware these days. Well, for gamers anyway...

IN order for games to take advantage of these new hardware capabilities... they need to be written and designed to take advantage of them. This takes a lot of extra time and a lot of extra money...

1 of two things wil happen.

Either games will start being 70 or 80 bucks a piece or developers just won't bother.

Name me one piece of software that can take advantage of a "QUADCORE" machine?

for desktop use....

But I'm still pulling for AMD. 'Cause, if you think about it, AMD (an upstart) had caused Intel to batten down the hatches and THINK, thereby giving them reason to throw their resources into a new architecture instead of trying to pump up the heater called P4.
Pentium M co-existed with Pentium 4 for a couple of years, it may have even predated AMD64 although I don't think so, either way it was close ;)

I fail to see the point in a quad-core cpu when barley anything utilizes 2 cores at the moment. Maybe vista will utilize four cores, oh well can't wait to see it.

Servers that currently have 4 physical CPUS and want to minimize that to one CPU with 4 logical cores? That's what these quad cores are meant for right now I think....

wow, intel is really STUPID! unless of course if they already have something planned to beat down AMDs K8, if so, kudos to them, if not, wats the hurry?

its good to know that thye will work on core 2 duo mobos though.
and i doubt games will utilize quad core at the time of the release, i mean.....lets see here....dual core came out what 2005? i cant really remember cause i wasnt into it back then, and only in the next quarter, UT 2007, one of the first, or THE first game to support dual core.

Not sure.... More cores may not be a good idea, overclocking is harder with the multiple cores, and there are lower max temps with more cores isnt there? But servers will benefit from this, the average gamer, no they wont benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom