Qosmio X505-Q860 'upgrade' help

c2kdrummer

Beta member
I own a X505-Q860 and I'm wanting to upgrade the processor to a i7 and the gpu. After some research and talking to Toshiba on the phone I come to you in the forums to ask about the only route I could find which would be purchasing the Q898 motherboard/gpu 'replacement' and dropping it into the chassis.

I'm assuming this would be the cheapest route (looking to not spend $1,000+) considering the Q898 has been out for a while now and would be cheaper than buying a new laptop. I'm also wanting to keep the 18.4" chassis as Toshiba no longer offers this size on the newer models. From what I could come up with the Q898 was the highest model they released in the 18" size. The 'upgrade/replacement' would be from the stock i5 to a i7 and from the Nvidia GTS360m 1g to a GTX460m 1.5g.
I'm wondering if anyone has done a upgrade/replacement like this before and any stipulations/drawbacks and pricing I would have by trying this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You'd be better of buying a better laptop as upgrades for GPU's and CPU's in laptops aren't always possible.

Back
Top Bottom