Q about XP keys

Jesusfrk611

Fully Optimized
I have an XP Home COA sticker that came off an HP, the only XP key I have. I need a legal XP install on my custom P4 system to sell it, however, this key will not work with my system. Is there any possible (legal) way to make it work? It's not being used on another system, I think it's just b/c it's OEM, though I have gotten the keys on COA stickers to work w/ non-OEM hardware... I need to sell it to get some money back from my monitors I bought. Doesn't sell to easily without an OS (already tried it w/ another system) and the video card doesn't work with several Linux distros (Linux doesn't sell too well either).

go to a best buy or something and look for a PC with XP installed on it, then find the sticker, write it down and type it in. you can easily activate codes more than twice, im pushing on 40 times, and im going to have to do it again :p, the owner of the PC if it gets sold will never notice.

go to a best buy or something and look for a PC with XP installed on it, then find the sticker, write it down and type it in. you can easily activate codes more than twice, im pushing on 40 times, and im going to have to do it again :p, the owner of the PC if it gets sold will never notice.

you shouldn't be giving that advice out on here. how would you like it if someone did that to a computer you had bought

Well, this would be a key that was on the side of a system...it's not working... Last time I checked they don't sell XP with systems anymore so even if that was any bit ethical it couldn't be done :rolleyes: I think I'd much rather just do it the legal way rather than using a key that's already activated. There are ways to find out, then they point fingers at the seller... Don't want to go there.

Rudster is a fine example of the stupidity here.

If your custom building a machine, just go buy an OS for it and add that into the price of selling it.

Back
Top Bottom