Putting HTML from outside sources into my blog

happydz

Banned
I've read that putting HTML/JAVASCRIPT codes from 3rd parties sites that are not integrated with (eg Paypal, Flickr,Amazon...) into my blog enables them to truck and hack my blog .
Sometimes I have to put html/javascript codes from 3rd parties sites because these codes are useful.
Please guys tell me if there's a way out there that let me know if the code from 3rd parties sites are risky or not?
Thank you in advance
My regards

In most cases, you would not have anything to worry about.
However, I will state that you should learn at least enough to know a bit about what you are looking at.
I have never heard of an attack using this method, and I am not sure that it is possible but I have been wrong before.

Thank you for your feedback
Please note that I am on blogger.com (not hosted platform) and I usually put HTML/JAVASCRIPT from 3rd party sites and I don't have enough skills in programming so that I can be sure whether these codes are safe or not. For example, I copy and put html/javascript code of (related posts gadget or social media buttons ...else) or other codes of any gadget from 3rd party sites, take a look at the following code of a social media buttons and tell me what you think, although I tried to change the script but the code wont work eventually, so how to use this code and prevent 3rd party from trucking me with their script?

Here is the code of the gadget:
Code:
<div class="a2a_kit a2a_kit_size_50 a2a_floating_style a2a_vertical_style" style="left:80px; top:150px;">
    <a class="a2a_button_facebook"></a>
    <a class="a2a_button_twitter"></a>
    <a class="a2a_button_google_plus"></a>
    <a class="a2a_button_pinterest"></a>
    <a class="a2a_dd" href="https://www.addtoany.com/share"></a>
</div>

<script type="text/javascript" src="//static.addtoany.com/menu/page.js"></script>

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom