Putting Computer Speakers on a TV

kyleman999

Daemon Poster
Is it possible to take for instance, my surround sound speakers on my computer .... ( in my sig ) and plug them into my tv. Because we just bought a tv at best buy ( 400$ off :) ) and we want a little surround sound pakage for around 200$ CND. Nothing to powerful because its in a sunken living room on the first floor, and its directly connected to the kitching and dinning room.

Thanks,
Kyle

EDIT: its a 30 inch widescreen tv.... so you can use your imagination to see how the big the living room really is.

Yeah, Borat is right, so unless the TV supports Optical outputs, you'd only be able to plug the speakers up to a DVD unit for example for playing with DVD's or some TV programs that you make run through the DVD player (yet those wouldn't come out under 5.1. At least not here. Doly Pro Logic is the most we get from doing that)

oh I get what your saying, you need a (sound card ... like in the comp ) to egt the 5.1 to work. K sounds about right

Actually,i have a converter that converts the 5.1 to AV in,so just plug in the cables into the converter,and then the other cables into your tv's AV Out,and it should work

Dolby Pro Logic was the first common form of surround.

You had a left/centre/right, and then at the back, 1 mono channel covering two speakers either side.

Doly Pro logic 2 was the next step, which is used now in the Gamecube/Wii, etc and that is the same principle, yet involves 2 stereo rear speakers instead of a mono channel.

Its great for music, since it'll turn any stereo signal into a full blown 5.1 affair, and I don't mean, just having the same mix on each channel. Its rather clever.

If you don't have a sound card that has a hardware decoder for it, if you have PowerDVD with the surrounds unlocked, you can turn Pro-Logic 2 on in the settings, and load music into it, if you have a 5.1 or even a 4.1 set.

most ps2 games also use pro logic 2 and xbox doesnt even have a digital audio output, but the ps2 does. me and my friend were playing gran turismo 4 really loud in 6.1 surround sound while driving in a 1000 hp viper. needless to say everything in the basement was shaking.

Actually my Logitech Z-2300's came with a little adapter to hook it up to a television or anything else with rca outputs. So if you buy a speaker system that comes with that, and your television has audio rca outputs (which I assume it does) then yes, you can hook up pc speakers to your television.

Back
Top Bottom