Putting a .srt file into the .avi file

Berry120 did you get toolnix from bunkus.org? Just wanting to make sure I got the right one from the right source.

Yup, that's the one.

FWIW, I don't tend to use this to mux subtitles into mkv's directly, I tend to use handbrake to re-encode into h264, and put the srt file in as part of that process. But I have used mkvtoolnix for this in the past, and extensively for other tasks (such as extracting the sub files from the raw DVD rip to then OCR into srt format) and I haven't had a problem with it.

I was using gomencoder but unless you buy it, it sticks a watermark in the top right of the screen.
I'll give this a go and get back to you. Thanks for the info.

I was using gomencoder but unless you buy it, it sticks a watermark in the top right of the screen.
I'll give this a go and get back to you. Thanks for the info.

Yup, no need to pay for anything! I rip all my DVDs and Blu-rays to mkv's, preserving subtitles when needed, converting them to srt's when needed, preserving audio tracks and adding other audio tracks as necessary - it's all done with free (usually open source) tools, and in all honesty they work *better* than commercial ones that I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom