Putting a new system together. Advice need.

DDFresh

Solid State Member
Ok First off I want to say hi to everyone! :) I have been looking around these boards for a few days and I really like what's going on here. So I thought what a better place to ask your guys opinion on a new system.

What I use the computer mainly for is website design and digital photography. I Use photohops CS and dreamweaver and such. I also download a lot (Movies, music, TV show....) I also want to be able to play games occasionally. (HL2, First person shooters)

What I would like is lots of ram and a great board and processor. This is what I have set up so far:

ANTEC SLK2650-BQE BLACK QUIET MID-TOWER CASE 4X5.25 2X3.5 2X3.5INT 350W
DFI LANPARTY UT NF4 ULTRA-D
AMD ATHLON 64 3000+ PROCESSOR S939 VENICE 1.8GHZ 512K L2 CACHE 90NM
OCZ DUAL CHANNEL OPTIMIZED PLATINUM 2X512MB DDR PC3200 HEAT SPREADER REV.2 CL 2-2-2-5
SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200.8 200GB SATA W/NCQ 8MB CACHE 7200RPM HARD DRIVE
LG GSA-4163B DVD+RW 16X8X16X DVD-RW 16X6X16 CDRW 40X24X40 DUAL LAYER+R 4X INT IDE BLACK
SONY BLACK 1.44MB 3.5IN FLOPPY DRIVE
MICROSOFT DIGITAL MEDIA KEYBOARD & OPTICAL MOUSE COMBO BLACK

Ok I have been looking for a long time and I'm having a prob. I can't find a good Vid Card. I want to spend like $150 on the card and I want it to be a good name brand (Ati, Nvidia). I was looking at an ATI x600 but the ones that I have found have been knock offs.

My main problem is that this system is that is a little much for me to afford. So my question to all you guys and gals out there is. Can you help me put together a box that will be around $1000 CND that is AMD 64 and has a gig of ram? Plus a MoBo that has dual LAN.

I like the DFI board that I have looked at but I really don't need the UV stuff and the dual GIG LAN.

Anywho I am confused. And a little over whelmed. SO what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and help.

DD

PS> Also what places have you guys bought computer parts online. I know of www.atic.com and www.ncix.com.

Back
Top Bottom