Purchasing RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

The New Order

Solid State Member
I've been looking for RAM lately, and I don't know where to get the best deals online. I am looking for 2GB DDR2 Dual Channel (I don't care too much about brand). I have already looked at Tiger Direct and Amazon, but I'm hoping to find better deals elsewhere.

Hmmm, well money isn't really an object here. But I don't plan on overclocking. And, I'm sorry for my lack of technical skills, but I'm not sure what speeds I want.

it would help if we knew what kind of ram your looking for ex, 2GB of DDR400 (pc3200) what kind of timings u want for ex 2.5 3-3-8 and how much ur looking to spend. also help if u r planing on ocing or not :p untill then cant help u out.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227225&ATT=20-227-225&CMP=OTC-d3alt1me

that's the RAM I eventually want to get. Hopefully if I can quickly get a decent job in seattle in the next coming weeks, within a couple months I should be able to get that RAM.

3-3-2-8 at DDR500 speeds are really freakin good especially for 2gb.

Definitely worth the price IMO because no doubt it'll go much higher. Wouldn't doubt if it'd hit around 300HT with 3-3-3-8 timings and 2.85-2.9v

Newegg kicks ***, i've bought so many things off of them and there shipping really is elite! I've heard bad things about Tigerdirect about there rebate center that sometimes they dont always get the rebates out on time. I've never tried tigerdirect so i'm not sure but i've just heard. I've bought 4 things with mail in rebates and have never had a problem with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom