Pulled Over!

setishock said:
Pig? How 60's of you and mark thorpe. I trust you won't be thinking that next time your ass is in a sling and a police officer comes to your rescue.
By the way PIG stands for Pride, Integrity, Guts.

i like that PIG = Pride, Integrity, Guts

Hmm, I would look into the night court. I do agree, your odds of winning are slim, but if the officer is nice enough, he could knock a few bucks off because of your politeness to him after receiving a ticket.

I give you props for doing that though. Most people wouldn't be man enough to do that.

And to those that mentioned it, at the very least in Wisconsin, there are no quotas of any kind. Not sure if it's a state law, or just a guideline that they all follow. I have a few friends who's parent's are cops (in different cities) and they have all said they do not have quotas.

Pig? How 60's of you and mark thorpe. I trust you won't be thinking that next time your ass is in a sling and a police officer comes to your rescue.
By the way PIG stands for Pride, Integrity, Guts.

I agree, but it would be naive to think that there aren't any cops that would pull that crap.

People just don't realize that cops are people, just like them.
Some people are assholes, some people aren't.

That fact applies to cops as well.

celegorm said:
Hmm, I would look into the night court. I do agree, your odds of winning are slim, but if the officer is nice enough, he could knock a few bucks off because of your politeness to him after receiving a ticket.

i say there fairly high because the officer never saw him with his belt off while he was driving, there is no proof that he was driving with out it.

I decided to submit my payment for the ticket, and take the loss.

I don't have any different view of the police.. I know some people don't like them, but they have helped me. I was nearly stabbed once, when a police officer came to my rescue and helped me out..

They have a rough job at times, and they never know if their going to go home after their shift. Thats why I can't do it.. even though its been my dream since a kid. The idea of leaving the love of my life, and my kids of the future, well.. thats very hard to bare.

They have a rough job at times, and they never know if their going to go home after their shift. Thats why I can't do it.. even though its been my dream since a kid. The idea of leaving the love of my life, and my kids of the future, well.. thats very hard to bare.

That is a very good point. Just like you, I know I wouldn't be able to do it. Just gives me more respect for them and what they do.

People don't usually see that their making a hasty generalization, if it has to do with a career..

Saying cops are pigs is as bad as saying any race is a certain slander..

Cops, plumbers, scientists, teachers, and technicians... Their all people, with wants, needs, and goals. They bleed just as everyone else.. and when you judge them, it hurts just as much as being judged yourself.

I really didn't want to touch this thread, Even if it was with a 10 foot pole, But the amount of ignorance in alot of replys, Inclines me to say my piece as a Law Enforcement Officer.

First let me say, Yes, There are ALOT of corrupt LEO's in my Dept as well as many, many others. Innocent individuals then become victims of these Officers who are supposed to uphold the Law, and do what is right.

Do we have numbers, or Quotas that we have to meet? To a point, Yes, We do get reviewed in reference to what we do while on patrol. There is a right way and a wrong way to hit these Quotas which are usually met by doing a routine patrol, But there are Officers who pull over the first muscle car, Young kid, and write them a citation to pass time and get a rise.

When I was younger I really was ignorant in the respect of truly knowing what Police Officers went through. I at one time just thought they were power hungry individuals who wanted to give people a hard time and I didn't really know what they went through on a daily basis.

Being one now, I see what I was ignorant in not seeing. I get scared shitless every day I wake up, Because I don't know what will happen on my shift, But I don't let that stop me, Not at all!. I've been shot, Had to shoot people to save an individuals life while risking my own, Gone into burning buildings, Had to fight and use deadly force to people who wanted to harm me because I wear the black uniform, Deal with drug paraphernalia, You name it, I've been through it. But I don't do it for the paycheck, or because I'm power hungry, I figure my good doing is one step in the right direction to clean this shithole up.

I find it funny when people think all we do is drive around in our squad cars pulling people over and harrassing the public while prancing around with our sidearms on us and call us Pigs, Scum, Trash, Power Hungry Assholes. I doubt ANY of these individuals are ones that would jump in front of a bullet to save an innocent persons life, Let alone do the job for one day.

The officer that gave you a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt, Do I think he was wrong? Yes, For one there were no terms of proof that you didn't take it off when the Officer lit you up for a pull-over.

Would I fight it, That's a call only you can make. In the future, Glance at their badge number and report them. Alot of negative feedback from the public does serve justice.

It's level headed cops like you that we all like to have around.

You don't seem like the kind that would take your bad day out on anybody.

I really didn't want to touch this thread, Even if it was with a 10 foot pole, But the amount of ignorance in alot of replys, Inclines me to say my piece as a Law Enforcement Officer.

First let me say, Yes, There are ALOT of corrupt LEO's in my Dept as well as many, many others. Innocent individuals then become victims of these Officers who are supposed to uphold the Law, and do what is right.

Do we have numbers, or Quotas that we have to meet? To a point, Yes, We do get reviewed in reference to what we do while on patrol. There is a right way and a wrong way to hit these Quotas which are usually met by doing a routine patrol, But there are Officers who pull over the first muscle car, Young kid, and write them a citation to pass time and get a rise.

When I was younger I really was ignorant in the respect of truly knowing what Police Officers went through. I at one time just thought they were power hungry individuals who wanted to give people a hard time and I didn't really know what they went through on a daily basis.

Being one now, I see what I was ignorant in not seeing. I get scared shitless every day I wake up, Because I don't know what will happen on my shift, But I don't let that stop me, Not at all!. I've been shot, Had to shoot people to save an individuals life while risking my own, Gone into burning buildings, Had to fight and use deadly force to people who wanted to harm me because I wear the black uniform, Deal with drug paraphernalia, You name it, I've been through it. But I don't do it for the paycheck, or because I'm power hungry, I figure my good doing is one step in the right direction to clean this shithole up.

I find it funny when people think all we do is drive around in our squad cars pulling people over and harrassing the public while prancing around with our sidearms on us and call us Pigs, Scum, Trash, Power Hungry Assholes. I doubt ANY of these individuals are ones that would jump in front of a bullet to save an innocent persons life, Let alone do the job for one day.

The officer that gave you a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt, Do I think he was wrong? Yes, For one there were no terms of proof that you didn't take it off when the Officer lit you up for a pull-over.

Would I fight it, That's a call only you can make. In the future, Glance at their badge number and report them. Alot of negative feedback from the public does serve justice.

Thank you for posting a response to the thread.. :)

He was a nice guy overall.. I mean as I said, he shook my hand, ya know? Whether the ticket was right or wrong, I wouldn't report him because we don't have enough police on the streets today as is..

If he helps at least one kid, adult, anyone.. in his career.. then his purpose of being there is complete.

Back
Top Bottom