Public Service Poll (anti smoking ads suck?)

Where do you stand?

• No, i dont smoke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, i do smoke

• I only smoke socially

• I quit fortunately

• I love em!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hmammen

Self Proclaimed Immortal
Ok, always been curious, how many members here are addicted to these terrible cancer sticks(cigarettes/fags/clips/smokes/stog's/sqaures)?

I have always been very athletic and actually used to hate anything related to smoking; up until college age, then got into smoking only on weekends or when drinking and alcoholic beverage, before i knew it i was smoking a pack a day! Grrr I would say its been that way for 4 years now. Only recently am i limiting myself to a pack a week. I do want to quit altogether eventually, just a long process ;)

So do you smoke? never smoked? retired(quit)? What are your thoughts????

Also, i find browsing TF goes great with smoking a clip.

Never smoked, never even tried one. And I never will; not for any health reasons (well, a little), but it's a really expensive way to 'take off the edge'.

My mother smoked since she was 9 years old, though she quit a couple years ago (age 37). Her Uncle introduced them to her :annoyed:

very expensive habit....when i first bought cigs they were about 4$ a pack. Now with the ridiculous tax here, closer to 6 or 7$ per pack. Ridiculous.

Never have, never will. I was born with asthma so it would be a slow form of suicide for me to smoke.

Been smoking since I was little, started around 11-12, so its been around 10 years for me now, love em.

Just getting sick of the cost going up non stop. Before the economy went to ****, a pack of good cigs was $3.25, now, that same pack is $5.63.

The cost has gotten so bad, that I started to grow tobacco in the garden, and I am making my own cigs, pipe tobacco tastes good, and is REALLY cheap, about $15 for a pound, where as cigarette tobacco is $56.00 a pound, so I am saving a LOT doing that, and will save even more once my plants are nice and big, gonna start another patch of tobacco in the garage if I can so it's done growing early summer.

Been smoking since I was little, started around 11-12, so its been around 10 years for me now, love em.

Just getting sick of the cost going up non stop. Before the economy went to ****, a pack of good cigs was $3.25, now, that same pack is $5.63.

The cost has gotten so bad, that I started to grow tobacco in the garden, and I am making my own cigs, pipe tobacco tastes good, and is REALLY cheap, about $15 for a pound, where as cigarette tobacco is $56.00 a pound, so I am saving a LOT doing that, and will save even more once my plants are nice and big, gonna start another patch of tobacco in the garage if I can so it's done growing early summer.

ya when i was at my university i rolled my own smokes, buying tobacco in bulk(bag) and case of empty papers and filter and a rolling machine(fassst and perfect). This way much much cheaper then buying store packs.

I smoke just over a pound a month, when I was buying a carton of pall malls, I was spending right at $100 a month, now, its around $20 a month for tobacco, and $6 for filters, it is a HUGE price difference.

I have ten different species growing, can't remember all the names of the top of my head, I would have to ask a friend if he remembered.
But when I go out and buy pipe tobacco, I usually get Criss Cross Mint.

The only thing I am unsure of is the curing process, and cutting the tobacco for use in my machine, can't really find all the info I need.

Thankfully I managed to quit about 5 years ago. However I was only a social smoker to begin with. I do not have a problem with smokers. However I do find that it's rather rude for them to light up in a crowded place (eg Bus Queues). However one thing that has been annoying me is the way that the laws in Australia are treating the tobacco industry.
Firstly there was large anti-smoking stickers on the packs that say "Smoking would damage your health." However I did have to laugh when the tobacconist start selling the anti-anti-smoking stickers like
- Passive Smokers should buy thier own
- Smoking is my choice so F*** off
But these anti-smokng stickers envolved some the simple black and white message to the colour images of body parts with the images of what smoking can do. Full color photos like a blackened lung or a brain with a blood clott. No only do smokers have to put up with these images, but I need to put up with the same images on the side of buses and billboards.
But again, this is not enough. Now the law states that all packs of smokes can not be put on public display in shops. It's just like the laws that they have down here conserning adult book shops and having Rated X material on display. In fact I get to see a lot more in an Adult Book shop then what I do in a smoke shop.
About again hiding the product from public display is not enough. Now there is talk about now they want have no art work on the pack of smokes at all. Almost like the movie 1984 where the smokes only came in a brown box.

Plus there is all the other laws that they have been putting in which have been restricting the where and when people can light up.
Some I do agree with. Eg. Drivers smoking in the car with kids is illegal.
Others I do not agree with. Eg. Smoking in the bar or casios is a illegal. (with the except at the casios with the high rollers roll where you can smoke)

Srsly, if some one what to destroy thier own lungs, let them do so in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom