Psu?

Drain You

In Runtime
Hey, I ordered a Case from Xoxide.com and I also ordered a Okia 500w PSU from the same page as the case.

http://www.xoxide.com/tank-gaming-case-black.html

the 500w okia one when you scroll down.
Im pissed now cause my friend keeps telling me its a piece of shit PSU. Anybody had any luck with an Okia before?
Ill be using a AMD 3800+ x2, Geforce 7600gt one HDD one DVD Drive
My first build and my friend keeps telling me that PSU might just fry everything and ill lose everything. Hes probably just messin with me cause im new to this shit but what do you guys think?

500watt should definitely handle what you have listed above. rule of thumb is to never trust power supplies that come with the case, but my friend uses one right now and it has yet to fail him. i've never heard of okia, but for now it should be ok as a temp psu, but i would look into a better psu from a more reliable company as your next priority upgrade. usually if a psu is bad, the psu itself will stop working, and the damage will stop there. of course there are rare occasions where your hard ware will get fried, but this is very minimal. just use a surge protector with computer, and it should be fine.

You won't get ur hardware fried by using a lower quality psu. People often are asking if it's safe to use these cheaper psu's, but why the hell would anyone be selling them if they wouldn't work?

So yeah, it's gonna be fine. Never heard of that brand before (=not a really good thing) and also it's damn cheap so I doubt it's gonna be good. But it will have enough juice to run the hardware u have.

I'm also using a psu that came with the case. And it was damn cheap too. It's quiet and provides the power I need, only thing is that my volts are kinda jumping around quite much. But it will work fine.

ok as long as it dont fry nothing itll be perfect. Ill save up for A better one shortly after. Thanks for the info homes

Back
Top Bottom