PSU wattage...

dan7777

In Runtime
Hi guys,

I just did the newegg psu calc thing. Apparantly, I'm 137W below what I should be having if add another 6800gs.

Bad idea to just go for it anyway?

I wouldn't go for it. Save the money, or save and get 1 better video card. You'll notice a better improvement this way :)

Already ordered off ebay for cheap.

I only have one pcie power connector with my psu aswell, so I've also ordered an adapter to give me another pcie connector.

Might that be pushing things?

Well if you can get it really cheap, your psu will handle both just fine. I did some research and you should have no problems sli n' those cards with your current psu.

also..if you order a video card, they usually come with THEIR own converter from a 4 pin molex to a 6 pin pcie..so you mighta lost a few bucks there ordering your own..but oh well, can never hurt to have an extra

also..if you order a video card, they usually come with THEIR own converter from a 4 pin molex to a 6 pin pcie..so you mighta lost a few bucks there ordering your own..but oh well, can never hurt to have an extra

Yeah. Just discovered that. Unfortunately.

Just out of curiosity. What do you think my SLI limit is? Like, two 7800s in SLI or what? (For my current PSU)

Cheers.

You could run a couple of 8800GTs in SLI as they require at least a 450W PSU with 24A on the 12V rail. :D

Really? Even with 4gigs RAM 2xhd's etc?

Also, what is the 12V 'rail'?

Where can I learn what all the PSU specs mean?

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom