PSU to big? uhh ohh... 1st build

frldyz

In Runtime
Purchased a Corsair HX750 PSU.
Background:
1. 1st build.
2. 3 mos. ago minimal computer knowledge. Went from learning what wi-fi and Bluetooth is ---> challenging myself to do a build.
3.. Will be basic home PC. Mainly file ( pic and home video storage ), with possible gaming. Nothing crazy....?

What I have so far:
i7 4790k
gigabyte Z97X gaming 3 mobo
Noctua NH-D14 fan/heat sink
Crucial Ballistix ( sport) 16gb RAM - 2 x 8gb sticks
Corsair AX 750 PSU
LG Blu-Ray internal optical drive w/ burner and BDXL
Samsung 500gb 850 PRO SSD
Internal card reader (don't laugh)
Corsair 760T case

What I still need to get:
HDD - for file storage
Another larger External HD
OS _ Leaning towards Win 7. We have 8.1 -HATE it!!!
Will more then likely upgrading my exhaust fan
Would like to add an additional fan on top or underneath HDD or HDD cooler case/fan
GPU- Want to run 3 monitors. Nothing crazy like 4k or too insanely expensive. Mainly because we have lots of windows open ( online ) @ a time.
I posted my specs. and needs in a prev. post and got a lot of comments that my PSU is an overkill unless I am doing gaming with a serious GPU. I do intend to purchase a nice GPU. I probally wont need it, but its nice to know I will have a powerful GPU in case I ever need it down the road.
Is there anything wrong with having this PSU that has more power then I need? Will it affect the performance of my machine if this is more then I need?
If the answer is yes. By adding a GPU will that help accommodate the power that is left?
I did purchase this big PSU because I thought it would be ncie to know I have the extra power if I need it in the future? Wrong mentality? Should I return?

Umm OP you say it's for a basic home PC, yet you're picking a GAMING motherboard, and a processor that's pretty high end (we're talking video editing, youtubers etc), an SSD (that's ok) and 16 GB of RAM? That's just insane for a home pc. Your part list just doesn't match your usage man.

Umm OP you say it's for a basic home PC, yet you're picking a GAMING motherboard, and a processor that's pretty high end (we're talking video editing, youtubers etc), an SSD (that's ok) and 16 GB of RAM? That's just insane for a home pc. Your part list just doesn't match your usage man.
We've already been over that in one of the other thread the OP created.

Back
Top Bottom