PSU Problems?

malakian88

Baseband Member
I just got a new computer about 2 1/2 weeks ago. It's been running beautifully and i've had no problems until now. I was playing Doom 3 (prbly not relavent to this problem) and i paused the game for a second so i could grab something in the other room. When I got back, the power light on my case was flashing and my computer was off. When I went to go turn it back on, it shut off again. Rinse, lather, repeat. I tried with different outlets in my house and all did the same thing. I have a 450w supply (don't know what brand.)

my system
---------------
MSI KN8 Neo Platinum Mobo
Corsair TwinX 1024 MB DDR400
AMD 64-bit 3400 @ ~2.2 Ghz
120 GB Maxtor Diamondmax HD
Ati Radeon 9800 Atlantis 256MB
Window and Blue fans :D (yeah its fun)
----------------

any help would be appreciated......

--Me

P. S. Tell me if you need anymore info

sure the CPU isnt overheating?? and Ive had a few go bad.

its mandatory you have some kinda surge protection.

Your PSU might have broke.....make sure it's big enough for the mobo and all other components. Mind you, they don't cost much, you can get a replacement.

yeah, i'm going to buy a replacement tomorrow. they aren't too expensive at all. my psu came with my case and the total was like 37.50 lol. the case is fine but the psu is just really cheap. my new PSU is prbly gunna be 500w. Is Antec a good brand?

yeah.... it wasn't the PSU... i have no god damned idea what it was.... but i opened up my comp... took my video card out.... put it back in... tapped on something (lol), touched a wire and then turned the comp back on... and BAM.... i'm so confused.....

malakian88 said:
yeah, i'm going to buy a replacement tomorrow. they aren't too expensive at all. my psu came with my case and the total was like 37.50 lol. the case is fine but the psu is just really cheap. my new PSU is prbly gunna be 500w. Is Antec a good brand?

Antec is a very good brand. Thermaltake makes a great PSU as well.

Back
Top Bottom