PSU any good?

cheers, been looking at reviews, one review looked promising until I noticed that it was uploaded by novatech so I will have to do a little more research on it. I am being a little more cautious this time as I hastily spent hard earned money on a cit one and now I am having to fork out again. Thanks again for taking time to post, I am trying to keep the price of my build down, but I think I really do have my mind set on Corsair if I can

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

yeah, I think you are right on the upgrade to Corsair, I was considering the one you mentioned above as I found it for £43, but since I know very little about psu's, I wasn't sure. I posted a link to it a few comments up, thanks for the help though, much appreciated

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

You are probably right, if my components have survived this, I am sure they can survive a little more time, I have been too hasty with my whole build without researching properly, for a start I should have probably gone the Intel route and gone for i5 or i7, but I used to dislike them, I got a case that clearly lacks airflow and I got it purely for the looks, and I got a poor psu and not a very good graphics card because I bought it from a shop as I was too impatient to wait, when I look at the graphics cards I could have got for the £50 I spent on mine I could kick myself. I think I have learned my lesson

Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement. Don't kick yourself too much.

Try scan.co.uk
cheers, for the one I am looking for just a little steep, good site though, had never heard of it so I will keep that for future reference, it's definitely on par with most of the online computer shop prices if not better, but I am stingy.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement. Don't kick yourself too much.
It certainly does, a mate of mine researched for about 6 months before buying anything. Just a quick question as I don't think it warrants starting a new thread, the picture of my graphics card shows a fan on, bu it doesn't have one on, is that right? even the nvidia 7600gt I had on my previous build had one

Last edited:
cheers, for the one I am looking for just a little steep, good site though, had never heard of it so I will keep that for future reference, it's definitely on par with most of the online computer shop prices if not better, but I am stingy.

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

It certainly does, a mate of mine researched for about 6 months before buying anything. Just a quick question as I don't think it warrants starting a new thread, the picture of my graphics card shows a fan on, bu it doesn't have one on, is that right? even the nvidia 7600gt I had on my previous build had one

What card is it and what do you mean it doesn't have a fan on?

Ah cheers, I just noticed on the box the picture had a fan and when I took it out, it didn't, the nvidia 7600gt 256mb was ancient and still had one but I think you covered that

Most of those older technology graphics cards didn't require a fan. The GPU could easily be cooled with a solid finned heat sink, such as this one...

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-R645SL-1GI Radeon HD 6450 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card

Some manufacturers designed a fan for additional cooling. It was a transitional period. Now all cards use fans.

Hm. Even my older cards than that one had fans. Never seen one without, that's what confused me.

If you have a part that uses passive cooling, and you feel it's running too hot, just mount one of these Antec Spot Fans. They work great, and are very efficient at cooling small areas like chips sets, etc. They cost about $15.00...

Attachments

• Spot Fan Packaged downsized.jpg
    Spot Fan Packaged downsized.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Spot Fan downsized.jpg
    Spot Fan downsized.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Spot Fan3 downsized.jpg
    Spot Fan3 downsized.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom