PSP, Wireless Networks

Reiyoku

In Runtime
Hello I was woundering if it's possible to get to into my college network access point so I can go online while I'm in college on breaks and stuff, It always fails on the DNS part I have tried looking at the computers linked up to the college and taking down the DNS servers and trying them on my psp and no luck, any other way?

you tried with all the default settings?, so choosing the network, entering the wep/wpa key, etc.. and using all the auto settings? i had problems with my psp at school before. never sorted it :(

I've never had any problems of that sort with my PSP. Usually when I search for a network, enter in the WEP or WPA key (if applicable) and let it use automatic settings, it can get the IP address and connect pretty good.

its a college network. thats the problem lol.... sooo do the automatic settings work? my psp wont work at school. it connects but wont load a page... well it doesnt connect at all now because they changed the wep key :(

The school is probably blocking port 80 except for whatever web browser their computers use. Either that, or it has to go through some type of proxy to work.

Ours is blocking everything except IE. Firefox doesn't work and neither does telnet.

freestyler105 said:
The school is probably blocking port 80 except for whatever web browser their computers use. Either that, or it has to go through some type of proxy to work.

Ours is blocking everything except IE. Firefox doesn't work and neither does telnet.

same. i can only get full unrestricted internet in some of the rooms because they are on a different network

I can obtain an IP but I just get a DNS error, I have tried entering the DNS used on the wireless laptops there. Still nothing.

Back
Top Bottom