PS4 Downloaded Games Licensing Issue

thosegiants

In Runtime
Hey guys. I recently bought a PS4. When I set it up, I used my old PS3 user ID and downloaded all of the free games through PS+. Initially I had hoped Sony would change my ID for me but I found out I had to deactivate it and select a new one which meant losing my trophies. After thinking it over, I decided to create a new ID, (weaponzofchoice).

When I tried to access the games I downloaded under the new ID, I received the following message: "This application can be started only by a user who has a license for it." I proceeded to delete all games and downloaded them again. Sadly, I received the same error message. From there I deactivated my old ID and adjusted the settings after reading a few suggestions found on the Sony forums. Again, these changes didn't work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

I'd call customer support. They should be able to cross match your gamer tags with your address and see you are the same person.

Hey guys. I recently bought a PS4. When I set it up, I used my old PS3 user ID and downloaded all of the free games through PS+. Initially I had hoped Sony would change my ID for me but I found out I had to deactivate it and select a new one which meant losing my trophies. After thinking it over, I decided to create a new ID, (weaponzofchoice).

When I tried to access the games I downloaded under the new ID, I received the following message: "This application can be started only by a user who has a license for it." I proceeded to delete all games and downloaded them again. Sadly, I received the same error message. From there I deactivated my old ID and adjusted the settings after reading a few suggestions found on the Sony forums. Again, these changes didn't work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Did you get your issue resolved? I purchased Killzone and upgraded my BF4 on my PC through the SEN Store, but when I went to play them on my PS4, it gave me the same message. After logging out and then back in it had resolved itself.

Hey Lacerz - According to Sony, my only option was to add my old user ID back onto my PS4 in order to access previously downloaded content. In short, make sure you like/love your User ID before downloading content from the PS Store. Otherwise, if you change your user name and remove it from your console, you won't have access to downloaded content. I guess it's their way of preventing theft/fraud?

On the bright side, Sony says they will offer an option for gamers to change their user name in the near future. Talk about an overdue option!

Hey Lacerz - According to Sony, my only option was to add my old user ID back onto my PS4 in order to access previously downloaded content. In short, make sure you like/love your User ID before downloading content from the PS Store. Otherwise, if you change your user name and remove it from your console, you won't have access to downloaded content. I guess it's their way of preventing theft/fraud?

On the bright side, Sony says they will offer an option for gamers to change their user name in the near future. Talk about an overdue option!

I agree they should have long ago gave a way to change gamer tag. Even if they charge ya like $5 or something to change it.

Back
Top Bottom