PS3s available

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I was completely shocked!!!!! I was already at work when he got it. He was at Best Buy looking around with his sister when there was an announcement made that there were only thirty PS3's available. So he went to pick one up but realize that the credit card was left at home. His sister waited there with the PS3 in her hands until he got back and paid for it.

Well sure enough, the PS3 was put on eBay :rolleyes: . Damn, I want to play it too!!!!!!! So I went to Best Buy later that evening and it was sold out. What else is new?

There's no advertisement for it. Just be aware that some stores are slowly getting them in.

Well I would either sell it on eBay or save it until 2007, because honestly...the launch games suck. The worse thing is that you need an HDTV. The difference between HDTV and SDTV is HUGE! If you play Ridge Racer 7 on an HDTV, that's fine, but if you play it on a SDTV it's equivalent to PS2 graphics. It looks horrible.

That's one thing Sony got wrong. HDTV's haven't broadened out and the prices aren't that cheap yet (they're getting cheaper though). Not everyone has an HDTV to enjoy the graphics.

Hopefully with the PS3's capability for HD and the high demand for it will help drive HDTV price or other HD output devices down. I believe even Windows Vista benefits from HDMI or something like that.

Heh.....the ebay kick for ps3's is over. You're not going to get much more for it than what you paid for it, and certainly not the kind of prices you saw for the ones that were preordered. So it's like, don't even bother putting it on ebay anymore.

If I ever do get my hands on one, it's for keeps. I'm just a little upset at my roommate because the only reason why he bought it was to make profit off of it. Me, I actually want to open it up and play the darn thing. Oh well..I'll see how much he gets for it.

Speaking of game consoles, Microsoft extended the warranty to the XBox 360 to one year now instead of the 90 days standard warranty. Woohoo. Effective today, the one year warranty is now the standard for the Xbox 360 console. Customers who experience hardware issues with their Xbox 360 within one year of purchase can have their consoles repaired at no cost. Plus, the new warranty policy is retroactive, so customers who may have already paid for an out of warranty Xbox 360 repair within one year of purchase will be eligible for reimbursement of their console repair charges.

I should have made that a separate post. Oh well...

Well how much did he pay for it?

Chances are he's not going to get much over that.

And again, I wouldn't want to buy a ps3 now anyway, I'll wait till probably mid next year until they get all the bugs and problems worked out of it.

He paid like $650-$670ish or something like that, I forgot. I'll have to ask him again. But he paid retail at Best Buy with his credit card. Now that I'm thinking about it, it's kind of worth the price. It's almost like buying a standalone Blu-Ray player but with the (oops, just saw the Gieco Caveman commercial--haha, so funny), added benefits of a game console, storage, and internet.

Well they are $599 at Walmart here and with the 6% sales tax, it comes out to around $634. I think thats a little much for a game console, even if it does have blu ray and a 60gb hard drive and built in wireless...etc. I'm just hoping the price will come down to a reasonable amount later on. My feelings are that when the price comes down a little, and more games come out for it that utilize the full potential of the processor, there will be no stopping the ps3.

Apparently there's no demand for thme at all anymore. The initial fanboy rush has finished and ebay is reporting people are actually taking losses on the PS3s they're selling.

I think Sony is in real trouble. Not that I care.

Back
Top Bottom