PS3's at Walmart?

People don't want PS3's cause the hype is over...

most people only wanted them to sell on ebay to make a profit anyway...

truth be told if you took the profit auctions out of the equations and let people buy the consoles they wanted, there would probably have been no rush at all...

(same for the Wii in britain IMO).

walmart isn't a bad company (IMO), they are the biggest and best exqmple of capitolism that you could ever hope to find.

anyone who doesn't liek walmart should go live in soviet russia for a while and see what they'd prefere...

IMO, if you're a baker, and your bakery closes down cause walmart sell bread cheaper, then you should probably just go work as a baker in walmart.
same for grocerys etc...

*most* people reaslise that tif they buy produce locally then it's normally fresher and better, it's up to the individuals to decide what they want and where they should buy it...

I live in a large city, and still manage to have an organic supermarket just around the corner, I buy all my fruit and veg from a green grocers, and if I wanted to, I could buy all my meat from local butchers as well...
that's as well as there being 2 24 hour asda walmarts in the town, 1 asda walmart with normal hours, 3 morrisons supermarkets, 3 24 hour tesco a dngod knows how many more regular hours/tesco local/tesco metro stores.
as well as a ton of co-op supermarkets.

people that complain that their town was destroyed by walmart are the same people who put all their money into walmart to save a few buck and made it so all the local businesses had to give up...

Im fine just figured i'd drop a line. I'm going to ask my bro for his ps2 now that he got his ps3

root said:
People don't want PS3's cause the hype is over...

most people only wanted them to sell on ebay to make a profit anyway...

truth be told if you took the profit auctions out of the equations and let people buy the consoles they wanted, there would probably have been no rush at all...

(same for the Wii in britain IMO).

walmart isn't a bad company (IMO), they are the biggest and best exqmple of capitolism that you could ever hope to find.

anyone who doesn't liek walmart should go live in soviet russia for a while and see what they'd prefere...

IMO, if you're a baker, and your bakery closes down cause walmart sell bread cheaper, then you should probably just go work as a baker in walmart.
same for grocerys etc...

*most* people reaslise that tif they buy produce locally then it's normally fresher and better, it's up to the individuals to decide what they want and where they should buy it...

I live in a large city, and still manage to have an organic supermarket just around the corner, I buy all my fruit and veg from a green grocers, and if I wanted to, I could buy all my meat from local butchers as well...
that's as well as there being 2 24 hour asda walmarts in the town, 1 asda walmart with normal hours, 3 morrisons supermarkets, 3 24 hour tesco a dngod knows how many more regular hours/tesco local/tesco metro stores.
as well as a ton of co-op supermarkets.

people that complain that their town was destroyed by walmart are the same people who put all their money into walmart to save a few buck and made it so all the local businesses had to give up...

The problem is that Walmart has the money to avoid any regulations. You would think that because this is America we would have restrictions on corporations, but Walmart is the loose dog. They just do whatever they want because they have the money. If they can't build a store because the city denies them access, they'll just build the store right OUTSIDE of city limits. No one can touch them there.

I've never shopped at Walmart and I never will.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Wal-Mart

Walmartbizarro.png

well... if you've never shopped at walmart then bully for you... it's quite an odd stance to take that you'll never shop somewhere,
in the town where I come from, there is a highstreet that still has local newsagents on it,m and still has a local bakery, and a local butcher, there are still green grocers in the town.
there is also two supermarkets, (and this is quite a small town). the tesco there used to be 24 hour, but not enough people went there so the store had to cut back it's opening hours to the normal times.

the point I'm trying to make is that local people wanted to keep their local businesses, so they supported those local businesses.

the point of my post was that it is possible for large retail outlets and local business to surive together,
if people honestly valued their local businesses then they'd still shop there, and pay a few pennies more per item.

As I said, in the hometown where I come from large supermarkets and ocal shops manage to survive together, and in the place I live now that is still the same situation.

I realise it's not the same everywhere, but as I said, if local people want to keep their local businesses then they'll have to go to their local businesses,

if they don't then it's hardly the fault of Walmart that people actually want to shop there is it?

despite all the critisisms that walmart get, has a walmart store ever closed down because they couldn't turn a profit because people didn't want to shop there?

You would think that because this is America we would have restrictions on corporations
Capitolism built America, America is a capitolist nation, why would you expect restrictions on business, and capitolism, that kind of scale of free market is a thing that is almost exclusive to America.

i went to walmart...they had one demo, it was actually frozen, and another just sitting there...then a sign that read 'no more ps3's'.

root said:
well... if you've never shopped at walmart then bully for you... it's quite an odd stance to take that you'll never shop somewhere,
in the town where I come from, there is a highstreet that still has local newsagents on it,m and still has a local bakery, and a local butcher, there are still green grocers in the town.
there is also two supermarkets, (and this is quite a small town). the tesco there used to be 24 hour, but not enough people went there so the store had to cut back it's opening hours to the normal times.

the point I'm trying to make is that local people wanted to keep their local businesses, so they supported those local businesses.

the point of my post was that it is possible for large retail outlets and local business to surive together,
if people honestly valued their local businesses then they'd still shop there, and pay a few pennies more per item.

As I said, in the hometown where I come from large supermarkets and ocal shops manage to survive together, and in the place I live now that is still the same situation.

I realise it's not the same everywhere, but as I said, if local people want to keep their local businesses then they'll have to go to their local businesses,

if they don't then it's hardly the fault of Walmart that people actually want to shop there is it?

despite all the critisisms that walmart get, has a walmart store ever closed down because they couldn't turn a profit because people didn't want to shop there?

Capitolism built America, America is a capitolist nation, why would you expect restrictions on business, and capitolism, that kind of scale of free market is a thing that is almost exclusive to America.

I don't shop at Walmart because there are other stores that are actually worth my time.

It's just human nature that we want to get what we need for the cheapest price possible. That's what Walmart takes advantage of. It's like what Rockefeller and Standard Oil did back in the late 1800's/early 1900's. They drove other competitors out of business by dropping prices WAY down so they couldn't compete and once they all threw in the towel, prices soared sky high. Walmart does something similar, but just on a smaller scale. People shop there because it's cheap and they don't know how many Mom & Pop shops have had to close after decades of being in business. Will people still shop at Walmart? Of course.

As for restrictions, there is a limit as to how free the market can be. If there weren't any restrictions, there would be more monopolies. Just because it's 'free' doesn't mean you don't need limitations.

I'm one of those WalMart shoppers. There's a 24 hour Walmart Supercenter in my town. I love it because it has everything there. French Bread is like 94 cents. No one can beat that and 58 cents for cheap 2 liter soda. I rather pay that than to buy a $1.00 16 ounce (or something like that) bottle of Pepsi in the machines.

Wal-Mart is just plain BS. We have one over at Oxnard, and let me tell you it's a hell hole full of kids running around screaming.

I rather shop at Target, even if it means spending a few more bucks. At least I have somehwere to shop without getting a headache.

alvino said:
I don't shop at Walmart because there are other stores that are actually worth my time.

my point exactly, there are still green grocers and butchers and bakeries and a farmers market in the city where I live because they actually sell better produce, it's fresher, it tastes nicer and the difference in price isn't all that much...

IMO I'd rather pay a pound for four nice oranges than I would 6 flavourless ones...

It's just human nature that we want to get what we need for the cheapest price possible.
true, and that's why I'd still buy generic things that don't really matter from a supermarket...

Back
Top Bottom