PS3 not working

sammytheman

In Runtime
Hi guys I had my PS3 connected using HDMI but I returned it to my its owner. So now when I connect the component cable, nothing comes on My monitor is the old Samsung monitor that were used and still are to show XBOX360. Now my monitor only supports up to 1080i but has an HDMI port at the back. I hear that there is no difference in quality running 1080i whether it is using HDMI or component. What do you gusy think?

I think I figured it out. 1080i won't look significantly different between HDMI and Component.

Did you change a setting on your PS3 regarding video? Maybe it's trying to run in 1080p?

Yeah, me and my mate have both encountered this error as it were.

Once you configure for HDMI, I can't and still can't get it to transfer video using the standard wires.

So, I can only run it on the HDMI enabled TV now, because to see a display you had to set to HDMI, but then to switch to another TV, you have to set it for component or whatever, and you can't when on another TV, and I can't get it to work.

I tried it with standard AV cables though, and not component, but it doesn't seem to auto find the other connections, so If I ever wanted to play it on a standard def TV for some reason, I basically can't.

Well, is that in the manual? Its definetly not something that pops into your head as I think you'd automatically try.
I have to hold the PS3 power button to get it to turn on anyway, and it does beep when it switches on, so, does that mean it'd beep again a few seconds later?
Thanks for the tip though if that is infact the problem

Well, is that in the manual? Its definetly not something that pops into your head as I think you'd automatically try.
I have to hold the PS3 power button to get it to turn on anyway, and it does beep when it switches on, so, does that mean it'd beep again a few seconds later?
Thanks for the tip though if that is infact the problem

What do you mean you have to hold the power button to get it going? You flip the switch in the back to give the PS3 power.

After you flip the switch it will turn red then you have to hit the ps button or hit the power button on the console.

What you do is put your finger on the power button but leave your finger on it for 5-7 seconds and it will beep again and reset itself.

No I don' think thats in the manual lol.

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;766954 said:
O my you just need to reset your video mode. Its actually pretty simple.

Turn the PS3 off. Then press and hold the power button on the PS3 (not the PS-button) for about 5-7 seconds untill a beep sounds. Then it's reset.
Yeah, I was just gonna post that. It usually works - I've seen loads of people with similar problems.

this just has to be said
@ kage
omg get a 360 get a 360!!! djhihiuwhfuehf spam spammy get a 360!

lol ok im done

Back
Top Bottom