PS3 Lan Question...

religion2386

In Runtime
I know this isnt the right forum for this question, but the response time for this site is one of the best Ive seen. I have (2) TV's (2) PS3's (2) Call of Duty 4 (1) Ethernet Cord. I used to have LAN Halo partys with my buddys a long time ago on my Xbox and just wanting to know if I could do this with the PS3? Surely somebody has tried this or knows.

yes you can lol just hook everything up and just connect the ethernet cable to each PS3. but the only thing im not sure of is if you can directly connect them. usually i have more then 2 PS3s at a time so i use my router but you can try directly connected. if that doesnt work then connect them through a router.

Well hopefully it works just with an ethernet cord and NO router. We tried the no router part with 2 xbox360's but it wouldnt work. So is it the same concept or could it be totally different because its 2 totally different machines...?

They are totally different machines but the network concept is probably or generally the same.

Found a link for you. Since I believe all ps3's are wireless although I think the 20GB's weren't.. but anyway.. Here is how to do it wireless (Link)

So your saying maybe wireless-ly connect/link up our PS3's? It seemed like that article was directed more at setting up a wireless connection for the internet rather than just local LAN play....

So your saying maybe wireless-ly connect/link up our PS3's? It seemed like that article was directed more at setting up a wireless connection for the internet rather than just local LAN play....

From what I read you NEED the router.

Ok so just to clarify...

Living Room - TV, PS3, 2 controllers, COD4
SAME HOUSE
Bedroom - TV- PS3, 2 controllers, COD4

1 Ethernet cord from PS3 to router (slot 1)
1 Ethernet cord from other PS3 to router (slot 2)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Is that pretty much the jist of it of did I leave a part out?

Ok so just to clarify...

Living Room - TV, PS3, 2 controllers, COD4
SAME HOUSE
Bedroom - TV- PS3, 2 controllers, COD4

1 Ethernet cord from PS3 to router (slot 1)
1 Ethernet cord from other PS3 to router (slot 2)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Is that pretty much the jist of it of did I leave a part out?

Yup that is what you need to do. :) Of course it would probably be easier if they where in the same room.

Back
Top Bottom