PS3 lacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waphlez

Fully Optimized
Is it just me or am I the only one who isn't impressed with the PS3 and it's games. So far MGS4 and Assassin's Creed are really the only games that have impressed me. Mercenaries 2 might be okay since I liked the original but that game was too short. Even Final Fantasy XIII didn't look real special since this is the 14th one in the franchise (not inluding titles like tactics) and the 13th isn't even out yet. The $600 dollar price tag for the PS3 only made it worse and even the $500 price for the "PS 2.9" is still very high. Before GTA got me excited for Playstation but now that it isn't exclusive I don't think spending that much money is really worth it.

Resistance: Fall of Man doesn't look anything special to me and many like PSM agree that it is the PS3's biggest launch game.

Yea it has a blue-ray player in it but I don't believe BR movies are going to take off like SONY thinks. Not to mention BR disks are very expensive compared to DL-DVDs and HD-DVDs. Computer burner drives would be great for storing and backing things up though.

I don't know a single person who actually wants to buy a PS3. There's too many factors that make me say "uh, no!"

Final fantasy 13 is the one for the PS3, FF 12 is coming out this fall in north america for the PS2.

I think the PS3 will be the best, since judging by XBOX's past and the upcoming games for it look lame in my opinion. All that XBOX 1 really had was fable, everything else for it was either on other consoles or sucked.

The PS3 already has announced several games that spark my interest, FF 13, Metal gear solid 4, Havy rain (makers of indigo prophecy),untold legends dark kingdom.

Now if you consider the playstations 2 and all of its developers, it means that the PS3 will probably get a god of war 3, and continue the silent hill series.

There are rumors even that Assasin's Creed will be on 360, and it actually was supposed to be multi-platform in the beginning.

I plan on getting a playstation 3 though, I'm a big FF, MGS, DMC, Socom fan. Yah also Fumito Ueda is planning on making a new game on PS3, and not to mention a GOW3 will be on ps3. But I mean not everyone is into the same franchises I am, so I can see why some people don't want to get a ps3. Chances are the PS3 won't have an extensive game library like the ps2 had.

Snake-Eyes said:
I don't know a single person who actually wants to buy a PS3. There's too many factors that make me say "uh, no!"

I know one, my neighbor. But he doesn't know a **** thing about it. He's just a fanboy.

NathanM said:
I know one, my neighbor. But he doesn't know a **** thing about it. He's just a fanboy.

Like most of the people who will drop $600+ for the system and games, which are supposedly going to cost an arm and a leg. If you actually judged a console by games, the 360 is kicking *** rite now.

However, I doubt I will be getting any of them. PC's the way to go and plus, my N64 owns the PS3, 360, and Wii combined. :D :D

Agreed, that SONY stumbled a bit with the PS3.
Has anyone else noticed commercials for movies that say, "now on dvd and blu ray." Sony is obviously trying to get the name recognition out there...honestly who owns a freaking blu ray player at this point?!

aaronkupen, in the distant future a God of War game could bring me to buy the system, but it'd still have to be cheap(er).

Pshh, don't buy ps3 just for God of War --> they aren't THAT good.

I don't know why I said they, but there is no chance really for God of War II to be significantly better than the first.

They are pushing the whole blu ray thing in best buy ads right now too. From what I have read, I've got no interest in the ps3 right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom