PS3 lacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i hear ya killians, I am dissapointed with the price. If it was between paying 710 bucks after it's all said and done and having blue-ray or paying at least 100 less and just having DVD, I would take the latter.

Yeah, still wish I had the money. Guess I'll use the money to buy baby clothes, still feeling the new father pride :D

The one thing I really love about the 360 is that I can download demos like crazy. Man, that Dead Raising demo was fun (yes another Capcom demo I've played).

A thing to note is that when the PS3 does come out and with it's limited amount of titles, the 360 will already have it's first generation of games and it's second generation (Gears of War, Halo 3, etc.) already on the way (well GOW might be out when PS3 launchs.

As for the Wii, Nintendo even said they aren't tring to directly compete with Sony and Microsoft, and a look at their design definatly reflects on that. I think motion sensed gameplay will start to be more of a hassle then just using a regular controller. That is why I'm glad MS is sticking with traditional force-feedback (vibration controllers instead of sony's force-feedbackless motion design.

Motion sensing, I believe, is going to be like those things that are neat for the first while then gets less-exciting afterwards.

I also hear MS is going to release a 100GB hard drive (which I would really like) but I hope it's not going to be too expensive, but I wouldn't be surprised to see $200+ for it (currently the 20 gig costs 100 bucks). I hope they release multiple models like a 60 gig which is something I would settle for.

Also about 360 price drops, from what I'm hearing it's going to be $299 and $219 when PS3 is launched but if I were MS I would just drop the core package and just use the "premium" at $299.

Oh, dont get me wrong about that stage of my life. Being a dad is absolutley AMAZING. However, I'm lucky. He WILL be a gamer. Also, will probably go in his dads footsteps and be either a programmer or networker like me, play guitar like me, and like fish'n and 4 wheel'n ;)

IMO ps3 will be a great console. Just like the PSX, the first games that came out where kind of crappy.. but game developers found ways to push the limits of the psx, and its not just the psx.. i think just about all consoles start like that and later games are the ones that really shine. Specially after the consoles prices drop

One processor, which is for multi purpose use and has multiple threads for branch prediction. The 7 SPE's are singular in purpose, and has no branch prediction. Basically like a FIFO, it is very good for floating point calcs, but suffers greatly when it comes to utilizing it for branch prediction. In easier terms (and even then , doesn't really explain but you would need to understand alot more) it would be similar to a case select, only in instructional form. It is a number cruncher, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom