PS3 debut and price cuts...

alvino said:
Virtual Boy FTW! :D

hahahaha i remeber playin that back in the day... it was awesome! thats about the most creative video game ever made. they should seriously make an updated version of that... i would buy it! i loved playing mario tennis on there

Well SONY just lost a lot of money. Not very intelligent to dump a lot of high-end technology inot a gaming console then sell it for dirt cheap. The profits on that thing are goign to be ridiculously low. Oh well, Nintendo Wii looked better anyways. :)

Haha, yeah. It's also not very intelligent to dump a budding next-gen format that hasn't been matured into your next console either. ;) Now because of problems with the Blu-Ray drive's laser eye diode, Sony is forced to delay launch in Europe to March 2007 and they'll only have 100,000 units in Japan and 400,000 units in North America. Of those 500,000 units, 80% are the 60GB variants which means those who want the 20GB (now that HDMI is standard) are hard pressed to find one at launch.

It's funny seeing a company so arrogantly overhype their product, only to see them trip on their pants due to unforseen complications. :p

Haha, Sony's arrogance is somewhat like Grand Moff Tarkin standing confidently at the bridge of the Death Star right before it blows up. :D

TRDCorolla said:
It's going to take Sony 5-years to hopefully break even or earn a profit!!! Man, Sony's taking a risk here. But yeah, it is pricey even with the price reduction. But I've seen people buy XBox 360 for that kind of price too, but it was the premium system with everything in it.
$400 for the premium.. atleast you got some extra goodies with that.

alvino said:
Gears of War FTW! Unreal Engine 3 at it's best! Too bad it's only Xbox 360 Exclusive. Sorry PC fans. :p
Ohhh don't tempt me man... I am SO close to getting a 360 just for gears of war...
Sytheious said:
Well SONY just lost a lot of money. Not very intelligent to dump a lot of high-end technology inot a gaming console then sell it for dirt cheap. The profits on that thing are goign to be ridiculously low. Oh well, Nintendo Wii looked better anyways. :)
Ay.. agreed. The Wii is looking to be very promising.. whereas the 360 will be something i'll get in a couple years when it drops in price more... the PS3 on the other hand... doesn't have any good games.. and the price just further dampens the appeal.

MikeReiner said:
Ay.. agreed. The Wii is looking to be very promising.. whereas the 360 will be something i'll get in a couple years when it drops in price more... the PS3 on the other hand... doesn't have any good games.. and the price just further dampens the appeal.

Yeah, there's no denying that the XBOX 360 is a very capable console, it's just in terms of sheer innovation and fun, the Wii seems to take the cake for me. I liek the motion sensitive controllers, brings a whole new factor into gameplay, not only do you have pressure sensitive buttons, but now you have motion sensitive controls. Might makes things just a tad bit interesting. :)

Wow, I just saw a bunch of screenshots for the PS3 in the new Playstation magazine today. Talk about realism. THey had this one shot where you can see the girl crying and the wrinkle between her eyebrows. There were some nice picts from other games too and it impressed me. I never saw graphics like that before. I feel it's going to impress a lot of you too once you take a look at the actual gameplay.

I doubt there will be any difference between the Xbox 360 and PS3 when it comes to in-game graphics. Screenshots don't necessarily represent what will really show. Sony's E3 2005 Killzone trailer is a good example. ;)

Back
Top Bottom